We will study only Artistic Gymnastics:
In it, Men do 6 apparatus, and women 4:
1) Floor work or Floor Exercise: (Suelo) takes place on a square mat. Gymnasts cannot leave the mat.
Todas las imágenes en esta página son tomadas de www.zimbio.com
2) Vault: (Potro de salto) They jump on to the vault first, then, gymnasts do some acrobatics before jumping down to the ground
3) Asymmetrical parallel bars: (Paralelas asimétricas) are two parallel bars at different heights. Gymnasts use them to do acrobatics
4) Balance Beam: (Barra de equilibrio) Gymnasts balance on a wooden beam. They need great concentration so they don´t fall to the floor.
1) Floor work or Floor Exercise: is the same as the women´s exercise, with two differences: it´s shorter and does not include music
2) Vault: is the same as in women´s but they must jump it lengthwise
3) Parallel bars: (Barras paralelas) are two parallel even bars that gymnasts must use to do various acrobatic exercises.
4) High bar or Horizontal bar: (Barra fija) is a raised bar. Gymnasts must use the bar to do acrobatics.
5) Pommel horse: (Caballo con arcos) is like a vault with handles. The gymnasts must not touch the vault while doing acrobatics.
6) Still Rings: (Anillas) are two wooden rings that gymnasts must use for their exercises.